Thursday, March 18, 2010

What have I been up to? Sewing...and(see next post)

When CTW and I got married we had a hard time agreeing on what type of bedding we wanted. He didn't want anything too girly and I didn't like anything he picked out, so we found a kakhi duvet cover that we still like. What a great choice. I have never been able to find shams and curtains that I like to go with the comforter. So, when my mom got a new sewing machine for Christmas, I got an idea. CTW alotted me some money from our tax return to buy fabric. My wonderful mom did most of the work, but I did some of it. I haven't sewed anything since the 9th grade and I don't even want to count how long ago that was. We made three valances, two shams, and all of the throw pillows. Thanks to my wonderful mom. I love you so much.

4 comments:

The Burleys said...

Wow! Those look so good! Great job!

Outnumbered! said...

Great job! I love the fabric!

w and js mommy said...

looks great! Proud of you--want to make my curtains????

Jessica said...

Wow, the pillows look awesome! That was quite the project.