Happy Thanksgiving!! CTW is at work and will be for a while tonight, since Bucky's smokes at least 600 turkeys during Thanksgiving week, and I am sitting on the couch going over all the things I am thanksful for. The last several months have been tough for me with some major changes going on around me, so it is nice to look at the things I am thankful for.
1. My Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ--Thanks for providing for my family. When we think we aren't going to make it through, you always remind us of your provision and presence. You show up through all of the below. Your word encourages, teaches, and leads us. You show us when we need to step up and when we need to step back. You lead us step by step through this amazing journey.
2. CTW-he is the most amazing husband. I give him a hard time and sometimes he really gets on my nerves, but he is the one constant in my life. So amazing at loving me and OK. He provides comfort, laughter, and a swift kick in the behind when needed. He values me and loves me through everything. He lifts me up when I am my lowest and he helps me celebrate the highs. He loves our little girl like no one else ever will. He takes care of us and works so hard to get us through. Thanks you CTW for being the greatest.
3. OKW--she is the most amazing thing God has ever given me. She gave us a huge scare getting into this world, but here she is so vibrant and full of life. Her love and laughter gets me through the days. She tries me in every way imaginable, but she shows me how much I can love. Thanks to my sweet and loving girl.
4. My family--I wouldn't make it through without them. They lift me up and set me straight when I need it. Thanks to the greatest family ever.
5. Friendships--Since OKW was born, I have struggled finding myself again. I haven't truely recovered from everything that happened and where I fit. Thanks to the wonderful friends that have helped me find a hint of myself again.
6. Our God-Loving Church--Thanks to TFBC for having a preschool minister that loves our children and to our SS teachers that love us and encourage us. Thanks to the Lord for new beginnings. We look forward to seeing where our church will go.
There are so many things that I am thankful for and these are just a few. I hope you all can take a moment to reflect on the things that you are thankful for.
Happy Thanksgiving to all of you and your families!!
Wednesday, November 17, 2010
Jesus, Jesus, Jesus
There's just something about that name
Master, Savior, Jesus
Like the fragrance after the rain
Jesus, Jesus, Jesus
Let all Heaven and Earth proclaim
Kings and Kingdoms
Will all pass away
But there's something about that name
CTW and I were both raised in Southern Baptist Churches and I am the daughter of a Music Minister, so hymns come to us naturally. I can remember instead of singing lullabies to OK in the middle of the night, singing good old fashioned hymns. For some reason this one has stuck and now OK requests it before bed every night. She can sing pretty much the whole thing by herself and loves singing with us.
Lately she has been asking a lot of questions about Jesus and we do our best to answer them on her level of understanding. Today in the car, she told us that she didn't want any stinky boys knocking on her door, just Jesus. I almost cried. She is so funny! I am amazed how much she gets and how much she changes things around.
Tonight when putting her to bed, I was reminded at how amazing(and scary) the job of parenthood is. She absorbs everything we do and never forgets. I love that she has picked up my love for hymns and I hope she will always remember that there is truely something about the name of Jesus.