Saturday, March 6, 2010

Ears

When OK was about 9 mos old, I started talking about getting her ears pierced. CTW's told me that we wouldn't have them done until she asked for it. I think he thought that would be when she was 10 or 11. Well, around Thanksgiving she started mentioning it when we were walking in the mall. We kinda would shrug it off and ignore it, but recently she has really been pushing. So after a lot of discussion, we decided that it would be okay to get them done.
My sister and neice were going to spend the day with us today, and Cass had decided she was ready. We were going to get hers done back in Dec after her birthday, but she chickened out. Well, when she said she was ready today, we jumped on the opportunity. We got to the mall and went straight to Claire's. Cass went first. She did so good, she didn't even make a sound while they were piercing them. It was after she got out of the chair, that she decided it was okay to cry. OK went next. She wanted to sit in my lap. She did so good while they were getting ready. The ear gun clicked, she gasped, and started to cry. She only cried for a few minutes and then it was over. After she got her chocolate chip cookie for doing so good, she looked at me and said,"It hurt a little bit, but I was brave."

4 comments:

Jessica said...

OH!!! This is what she was trying to tell me this morning!!! Such a brave little girl, I'm still too chicken to get my own done.

Caroline said...

WOW!!!! Ya'll were all brave:) She looks so precious with those little earrings in her ears!!!

Double Dees in SC said...

Oh, how I love that last picture of her sleeping but sporting her new studs. She is so beautiful!

amothersjourney said...

Wow! I can't believe OK is three already!! Time flies! She WAS brave to get her ears pierced! I see that it tired her out too! So cute! J misses you in nursery too! But he is doing great and growing fast. I can't keep up with him. =)