Sunday, October 4, 2009

Trip to NC

This weekend CTW, OK, and I headed up to Wilkesboro, NC to visit my brother and his wife. We left early Sat morning and came home Sun afternoon. We had a great visit. The town was having their annual apple festival, so after eating some lunch we took off to check it out. There were a lot of people, lots of crafty things, and a whole lot of food. We splurged on some homemade peach ice cream(yummy). Then my brother had arranged for us to go to a local orchard. Members of his church were wonderful enough to let us walk around. We had the place to ourselves. OK had a wonderful time running around and picking apples. I love to see the amazement in her eyes. There were so many apples and I think we may have tried them all. After the orchard, we took off for a 20 minute ride to a local vineyard. It was a beautiful place and to top it off they were setting up for a wedding. We even got a peak at the bride as she was taking pictures. God's creations are amazing and as we walked around in the mountains, I couldn't help but be moved. I am so blessed and sometimes I forget. I get caught up in the day-to-day struggles and forget what my Saviour is capable of. It was definitely a wonderful reminder. Thanks to Uncle Tad and Shay Shay for their hospitality and the wonderful time they planned. We miss them!!! Enjoy the slideshow!!!
Click to play this Smilebox greeting: Trip to NC
Create your own greeting - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox greeting

3 comments:

Caroline said...

OK's expressions are priceless and say it all!!! What a beautiful weekend for the mountains:)

BEEZ said...

great pics---she looks so grown up! I was hoping for a family shot!

Jessica said...

These are AWESOME!!! Looks like such a fun trip! My favorite is OK sitting on the stone bench, such a precious pretty little girl!