Thursday, March 27, 2008

My Address to Anonymous

I didn't realize how important Thank you notes are to some people. Personally, I think they are very thoughtful but not essential. I guess I just don't loose sleep or think bad of people for not sending them especially when it is family and friends.

I guess some of you are wondering where this is coming from. I received a comment to the post titled "Thank You" that hurts me deeply. To my knowledge there isn't anyone that views this blog that doesn't know me personally. I don't know of anyone who thinks so little of me as a friend. I know that I am not the greatest, but I try.

To the author of this comment: I am sorry if I have been so ungrateful in your eyes. I try my best to verbally say thank you for every gift, word of encouragement, prayer, etc.. that I receive. Also, I am sorry that you don't think I am approachable. Or is it that you don't have the courage to let me know who you are?

In regards to the thank you notes that were never mailed: I did in fact take the time to write them, but didn't have addresses to send them. I have personally thanked each of these people as well as apologized for not sending the note. Everyone that views this blog should have gotten a thank you note from me. If you didn't, I apologize I guess it got lost in the mail. I can double check my list if you disclose your identity. I truly appreciate all the time and effort that you as well as everyone else puts into buying gifts or praying for my family.

I am not going to post the comment because I feel like if you couldn't take the time to address me personally than I don't need to continue to feel bad about it. I am embarrassed for you that you didn't feel it was important enough for you to include your name. If at anytime you would like to talk about this, feel free to contact me by phone or email.

To your comment about it taking less time to write thank yous than it took for you to buy a gift:
First of all be careful to use the word us since you are only speaking for yourself. Others may not feel that way. Second, it takes a long time for me to write notes because I put a lot of thought into my notes. I appreciate receiving them but I don't think bad of those that don't send them.

To the comment about having more time since I stay at home: First of all I want to apologize to all of the other stay-at-home moms. I used to think that it must be easy to get things done when you are not working outside the home. Until I became a domestic engineer(as my mom calls it), I didn't realized how much time caring for a child takes. Working moms have my up-utmost respect. It is hard to work, cook dinner, spend time with your children, and have time to be a good wife. I have been on both sides of the coin and each has its faults. Staying at home is not for everyone and I respect that, but that is not reason to belittle the job stay at home moms do. Either you don't stay at home or you are better at it than I am, but I don't have a whole lot of time to sit down and read or write. Most days I don't even get a shower until CTW gets home. I don't even get 5 minutes to use the bathroom by myself. I am not complaining, because I love it so much. It has taken me an hour and half to write this and my sister is watching OKW so I can type it up. To some people's surprise, I don't just sit on my bottom all day and watch TV. I entertain and care for a 1 year old. She needs constant attention and she doesn't really nap all that well.

I assure you that I am working on the prioritizing part of staying home, but I do think I am pretty organized. Let me conclude by saying I do appreciate everything people have done for us. I will say a prayer that God will soften your heart and that you will realize that I am really sorry for hurting your feelings.

4 comments:

Double Dees in SC said...

Good for you, T! It's apparent that there are people out there with nothing BETTER to do with their time than complain about not receiving a stupid thank-you note. Wow! Unbelievable.....

Double Dees in SC said...

OK, the last comment wasn't enough....how many people buy a gift for someone JUST to receive a card? Sorry, most of the TY's I receive barely get a glance since I have CHILDREN to play with. I am just bewildered by this....it might bug me more than you today! So annoyed!!! Sorry...you don't have to post my tantrum. After all, it is your blog.

W and Js mommy said...

well said....to both of you--I just mentioned to Mimi that if the only reason you give a gift is to get recognition of the one given then keep it....don;t give it! YOu obviously need it more than we do! OK is surrounded in love and probably didn't need you gift to begin with! Thank Yous are polite...agreed but if the person says thank you then GET OVER yourself and find something better to do than read manners books!

It's a Mom Thing said...

I'm going to go out on a limb here...

I think thank-you notes are a great thing! I enjoy writing them and receiving them. I think they are a tangible way to show a thankful heart. I don't look down on people who don't send them. But it always is nice to get one.

Having said that, I hope you are not offended by my opinion as I would definitely have this conversation with you personally rather than on-line. You know that.