Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Working

Being a working mom is really hard. I hate to leave OK in the morning and desperately want the day to go by so I can see her sweet face in the afternoon, but daycare has been good for her. I feel like she has become a little bit more independant. I wish that I could stay at home with her all the time, but unfortunately that doesn't work for our family. A friend sent me an email about buying bows(thanks AM), and little did she know that it was going to have so much meaning to me. At the bottom there was a verse that really convicted me since my attitude about working isn't the best. Colossians 3: 23-24 says,"Whatever I do, I must work at it with all my heart. I am working for the Lord, not for men. I know that I will receive an inheritance from the Lord as my reward. It is the Lord Christ I am serving." I guess God has me working for some reason other than financial stuff or he would open up the opportunity for me to stay home. I think he wanted me to see that no matter what I do in this life, stay at home, work, etc..I must do it to the Glory of God and realize my reward will come later on. His plans are so much better than ours anyway, which he has proven over and over again.

3 comments:

Annie said...

I just wanted to tell you that was a great post (and I don't just think that b/c I got a shout-out). Thank you for sharing your heart!

Anonymous said...

Its a different kind of strength that you gain and a different kind of schedule that we have....but the LORD provides us with sweet moments with our families and I know you are entering into the BEST times with O to the K! I think you are doing a fabulous job at being a CHRISTIAN working mommy!

It's a Mom Thing said...

great post! very good perspective, girl. and like you said, your reward will come. maybe you working right now is just for a season. whether or not, we can all encourage each other in doing all we do for the Lord.