Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Bedtime Songs

Jesus, Jesus, Jesus
There's just something about that name
Master, Savior, Jesus
Like the fragrance after the rain
Jesus, Jesus, Jesus
Let all Heaven and Earth proclaim
Kings and Kingdoms
Will all pass away
But there's something about that name
CTW and I were both raised in Southern Baptist Churches and I am the daughter of a Music Minister, so hymns come to us naturally. I can remember instead of singing lullabies to OK in the middle of the night, singing good old fashioned hymns. For some reason this one has stuck and now OK requests it before bed every night. She can sing pretty much the whole thing by herself and loves singing with us.
Lately she has been asking a lot of questions about Jesus and we do our best to answer them on her level of understanding. Today in the car, she told us that she didn't want any stinky boys knocking on her door, just Jesus. I almost cried. She is so funny! I am amazed how much she gets and how much she changes things around.
Tonight when putting her to bed, I was reminded at how amazing(and scary) the job of parenthood is. She absorbs everything we do and never forgets. I love that she has picked up my love for hymns and I hope she will always remember that there is truely something about the name of Jesus.

2 comments:

Double Dees in SC said...

Love her desire to keep the stinky boys out and only let Jesus in! That girl is hilarious!

Jessica said...

I love it, especially the part about Jesus knocking on her door.