Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Serving

Since Bible Study is starting up soon, I decided that I needed to find somewhere to serve within the church. So I have signed up to work in the preschool area on Sunday mornings. When OK came along, CTW and I got out of the habit of going to church on Sunday mornings. At first we were too exhausted to eat, and then we just got into a habit of sleeping through service. Thanks to a couple of really good friends(who kept us accountable), we are finally getting back in the groove. God has been laying the responsibility of serving on me for a while now. I had thought about serving in the Preschool Music ministry, but Wed nights don't really work out for me. CTW and I worked in the Children's department on Wed night for the past two years and loved it, but we decided that it would be too much now with our addition to the family. I am so excited about working in the nursery, I requested the baby room because I love them so much and they definitely need workers. In our worship service alone, there were 10 babies dedicated and not to mention all of the pregnant or soon to be pregnant people in SS. I can't wait to love on those babies so their parents can go and worship without worrying about there not being enough people to love on their precious little ones. I am sad that I will be missing SS. We have kinda fell out of the loop of most things and their are so many new faces in there that I hate I won't see them every week, but isn't that what socials, Bible Study, and Dinner groups are for. Please pray for me as I start this new venture.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

SERVE AWAY!!! I think its great! You have been open to a call from the little ones and I know 1st hand that we need helpers! Know you are allowing another young family worship and grow

Anonymous said...

Don't forget that you sister will fuss if you don't stay. You know how much I think everyone needs to stay in the nursery since I do have schedule nursery workers for my own church.

Shelby said...

YOU ARE AWESOME!!! Glad you are serving and will be LOVING on those babies!I will be recruiting people out the wha-zoo in my new job and hope I find people like you!!!